Horse & Tack Sales
Established for over 20 years our popular equestrian auction is just getting larger and larger with 600 -700 lots of tack, up to 80 horses and ponies; together with equestrian trade stalls.
Following the closure of Beeston Castle Auction we have decided to making significant changes. From August 2nd 2019 these sales will be moved from Saturdays to the first Friday in each month; meaning 11 sales a year to cater for the expected demand from the loss of Beeston’s fortnightly programme. Two auction rings will now operate at the same time separating saddlery from miscellaneous items of tack. Also we are delighted to annouce a new section of horse boxes and trailers.
Bi-Annual Carriage & Harness Sales
Two seasonal auctions of carriage and harness run by Silverwoods compliment Clitheroe Auction Mart’s range of popular equestrian sales. Featuring an enlarged undercover display area, these auctions are attracting specialist buyers and sellers from the UK and beyond. As well as 500 + lots of harness and associated items and up to 80 vehicles, numerous trade stands are also present on these busy days.
Horse & Tack Sale Information
- ALL Tack and Horses/Ponies must be entered for the Sale by the closing Dates specified on the Event. Any Stock that is not pre-entered/cataloged will not be accepted on site.
- In order to increase awareness of the Sales, we are now going to produce Sale-day listings. This means that completed Entry Forms for Tack, Saddles and Horses (downloadable at the bottom of this page) with full descriptions of Lots to be entered will need to be returned to the office by the outlined Deadlines so that they will be included in the Sale.
- There will be an extra section just dedicated to Saddles so please complete a separate Entry Form if you wish to enter in this section.
- All rugs must be washed and cleaned and labels should be securely tied on all items of tack with the Lot numbers stuck on. These will be sent out the week prior to the Sale. Make sure you bring string to tie all Lots up.
- Doors open at 8:00am with all tack to be in by 9:15am
- 15% with minimum £1.00 per Lot with a Minimum bid per Lot of £2.00.
- Unsold lots are charged at £1.00 and all no-sales must be collected on the day by 4 pm or they will be disposed of.
- Any Lots not forward but pre-booked are still subject to £1.00 per Lot.
- Our Company reserves the right to turn away any Lots deemed unfit for sale or
combine any Lots.
Entry of Lots
All items must be pre-entered, for the catalogue 10 days before the Sale:
- Horse Boxes and Trailers (New Section)
- Horses and Ponies
NB: Entry Forms may be downloaded below
Current Entries of Horse/Ponies for the 2nd of August
- Grey Welsh Section A 11HH 10 Years old. Good all rounder, Lovely pony would suit pony club. No Health issues. Good to Handle, Load and catch. Reason for sale Children are losing interest
- Irish Draught Sport Horse Gelding Age 14 16HH Good riding Horse, Happy Hacker. Has been turned away for a month
- Fresian Section D 3 Year Old Rising 15.2HH. Very well handled, comes to call, broken to drive. Good to Box, Shoe etc. Newly Shod
- Class 1 Registered Connemara, Charlie has excellent stable manners Travels well. Has competed in local shows & fun rides. Has a good jump. Fully Vaccinated, Wormed up to date. Sound and has no vices.
- Angel is a Cob Mare 7 Years Old 14HH Broken to ride and drive. Has been in 2 & 4 Wheelers.
- Buster is an 11 yr old Shetland Gelding. Very good kids pony. Ride & Drive.
- Stunning Ride and Drive Chestnut. 7 yr Old Mare. Welsh Section A. Beautiful paces & turners her hoof to anything. Great lead rein/experienced second pony. Family all rounder, loves to drive (Pictured Above)
- Tamara is a registered Shetland Mare. 12 Yr Old, Black and White, Kerswell and Top Rock Breeding.
- Lunespring Matty is a Registered Shetland Colt of 2 Yrs. On a Blue passport. Sire – Laghorn Tiny Joe, Dam -Lunespring Cara.
- Midnight Ben is a 7 Yr Old Bay Roan. Unregistered Section A Gelding. Unbroken, had tack on. Needs finishing off.
- Mini Cob Gelding, 3/4 Yrs Old. 12.2HH. Been backed and good to handle.
- Shire and Thoroughbred 2 Yr Old Filly. 16HH.
- Black and White Gelkding, 8 Yrs Old, 12HH. Ride and drive.
- 12 Yr Old Spotted Riding Pony, 12.2HH
- Brown and White Miniature Shetland Mare
- Grey Gelding Connemara X, 6 Yrs Old
- Cob X 15.2HH, 5 Yrs Old Grey Mare and Bay Roan Foal
- Cob X 5 Yr Old 14HH Black Mare and Foal
- Cob X 4 Yr Old 15HH Skewbald Mare
- Black 3 Yr Old Gelding
- Skewbald 10 Year Old Gelding, 14HH. Riding Pony.
- + 4 Horses TBC
- + 9 Horses TBC