Covid 19 – Suspension of all Auctions
Sadly Clitheroe Auction and Silverwoods have had no option but to suspend all forthcoming sales. This follows instructions from the government for people to avoid all gatherings and crowded places.
We will announce further news on this website, by Facebook & Instagram. Please register below to our regular E.Newsletter to keep updated.
Horse & Tack Sales
Established for over 20 years our popular equestrian auction is just getting larger and larger with 600 -700 lots of tack, up to 80 horses and ponies; together with equestrian trade stalls.
Held on the first Friday in each month; meaning 11 sales a year to cater for the expected demand from the loss of Beeston’s fortnightly programme. Two auction rings will now operate at the same time separating saddlery from miscellaneous items of tack. Also we are delighted to announce a new section of horse boxes and trailers.
Bi-Annual Carriage & Harness Sales
Two seasonal auctions of carriage and harness run by Silverwoods compliment Clitheroe Auction Mart’s range of popular equestrian sales. Featuring an enlarged undercover display area, these auctions are attracting specialist buyers and sellers from the UK and beyond. As well as 500 + lots of harness and associated items and up to 80 vehicles, numerous trade stands are also present on these busy days.
Horse & Tack Sale Information
- ALL Tack must be entered for the Sale by the closing Dates specified on the Event. Any Tack that is not pre-entered/cataloged will not be accepted on site.
- Horses can be pre-entered or entered on the day and will be subject to NON REFUNDBALE ENTRY FEES.
i) £10/Horse Entered BEFORE the closing date of each Sale for the Catalogue
ii) £20/Horse entered AFTER the closing date of each Sale
- In order to increase awareness of the Sales, we are now going to produce Sale-day listings. This means that completed Entry Forms for Tack, Saddles and Horses (downloadable at the bottom of this page) with full descriptions of Lots to be entered will need to be returned to the office by the outlined Deadlines so that they will be included in the Sale.
- There will be an extra section just dedicated to Saddles so please complete a separate Entry Form if you wish to enter in this section.
- All rugs must be washed and cleaned and labels should be securely tied on all items of tack with the Lot numbers stuck on. These will be sent out the week prior to the Sale. Make sure you bring string to tie all Lots up.
- Doors open at 8:00am with all tack to be in by 9:15am
- 15% with minimum £1.00 per Lot with a Minimum bid per Lot of £2.00.
- Unsold lots are charged at £1.00 and all no-sales must be collected on the day by 4 pm or they will be disposed of.
- Any Lots not forward but pre-booked are still subject to £1.00 per Lot.
- Our Company reserves the right to turn away any Lots deemed unfit for sale or
combine any Lots.
Entry of Lots
All items must be pre-entered, for the catalogue 10 days before the Sale:
- Horses and Ponies
NB: Entry Forms may be downloaded below